Sunday, December 26, 2010
Be Consistent
Parenting books repeat the phrase "Be consistent in your discipline."
Every night I chase Lily to bed. I threaten to close her door if she doesn't stay in her room. She squeals "ahhh! This door open!" as she jumps back under the covers.... only to do it again 45 seconds later.
One night I made tally marks for every time I chased her back to bed. After 47 attempes in 30 minuets I started having regular contractions, so I ended all attempts by getting daddy.
I pulled out all my mommy tricks for weeks trying to get her to stay in her own bed.
Now I tie her door shut.
Overreacting? -maybe... but she doesn't seemed to be scared from it.
Night after night I chase her... I question how long I can go on like this,
*voice echos* "Be consistent mom, you can do this."
13 times back to bed.... why am I upset?
My daughter is more consistent than me!
Labels:
frustration,
ironic,
parenting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment