Cathy Ann Johnson - Artist for the the children's book, "The Girl's in the Circle" Spend countless giggly hours playing dress up in from of the mirror. She said,
"Oh, If only we could replay the reflections in the mirror!"

I thought about the high traffic mirrors of my childhood and adult years.
My secrets are hidden within these mirrors.
What would they replay?
Moments of laughing and giggling with my friends.
Moments of lust and vanity about my own appearance...
Moments of pep-talks, "I should have told that guy to get a life!"...
Moments of harsh judgements against my myself....
Moments of inadequacy, depression, numbness, when I didn't recognize myself....
Moments I embraced before a school dance...
Moments when I laughed at my brother, who made faces behind me...
Moments were I recognized my mother's traits, like her soft eyes that had been built into my physique...
Moments of holding my new born baby and smiling with joy at my traits built into her physique...
Moments when I recognized a piece of God, my creator, in me...
I used to spend heart-to-heart moments with my favorite dog, Puppy, in front of the mirror.
My most vivid secret mirror memory comes from the vanity set we had downstairs growing up. When my grandpa died I went down to that personal spot and cried my heart out to the mirror that day. How I would miss him, how I was hurting, and how I truly felt about my beloved grandpa.
If only we could replay the reflections in the mirror...


No comments:
Post a Comment